Thursday, June 7, 2012

Two Tasty Desserts

I have to share with y'all two of my favorite dessert recipes. Both of which can me made gluten free (which is how I now make them). I am not a photographer, so I am not posting pictures. I would love to know your favorite dessert recipes.

Disclaimer: Please remember I am Southern, and we Southerns cook like Paula Deen...which means I am not telling you how many calories or fat grams are in these.

Upside Down German Chocolate Cake
By: Judy (my mama)

In a bowl:
Mix 1 chocolate cake mix (may use box or homemade follow mixing instructions)

In a separate bowl:
Mix 1 softened pack of cream cheese, 1 softened stick of butter, and 2-4 cups (depends how sweet you like it) of powdered sugar. SAVE extra for brownies below.

In a separate bowl:
Mix 1 cup finely chopped pecans and 1 cup shredded coconut

Spray the bottom of glass cake dish. Place pecan/coconut mixture on the bottom. Pour chocolate cake mix on top. Then scoop spoon fulls of the cream cheese mixture and place on top of cake. I do 3 scoops per row.

Bake for 350 F for 1 hour. Check at 45 mins. Cool then flip cake over. It is as beautiful as it is tasty.

(To make gluten free: I use Betty Crocker's chocolate cake mix, and half all the other ingredients bc there mix is half the size of a "normal" cake mix.)

Cheesecake Brownies
By: Hannah (me)

In a bowl
Mix brownie mix (can be homemade or box)

Once mixed add in cream cheese mixture from above.

Optional (but not in my opinion) Add pecans, chocolate chips, etc.

Spray glass pan. Bake 350 F 45 mins. Check at 30 mins. Enjoy!

(To make gluten free I use Betty Crocker's gluten free brownie mix. By itself I think the mix is gritty, but once you add all this extra it is beyond yummy.)

No comments:

Post a Comment