Sunday, January 29, 2012

Donut Cake

"Tell your tummy you're welcome; don't mention my name to your waist."  Those are the words my neighbor Catrina Warner texted me when I thanked her for this amazing recipe.
Donut Cake
1c. Water
1c. Butter
2c. + 2T. Sugar
2c. + 2T. Flour (Gluten Free: use a half and half combo of Pamela's Baking and Pancake Mix and Bob's Red Mill Baking Mix.)
1/2 tsp. Salt
3 Eggs
1/2 c. Sour Cream
I added 1/4 t Vanilla
Bring water and butter to a boil. Remove from heat. Add sugar and flour, and salt. Mix. Add eggs and sour cream. Mix. Spray large cookie sheet (I used a 9x13 dish. I wished I would have used two 9x13 dishes.). Pour mixture into pan. Slightly runnier than most batters.
Bake 375 for 25. (Check at 20min)

Frosting 6T. Butter
5T. Buttermilk
Bring to a boil.
Remove from heat and add
2c. Powdered Sugar
A dash of salt
I added 1/4 t vanilla Pour frosting over cake while still warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment