Saturday, September 25, 2010

GF Bisquick

(Picture from here.)
I found this treasure last week at WinCo for $4.88.  Pricey, yes...worth it, yes!  Being 40 weeks pregnant, it is a must to satisfy my cravings.  I have been craving sausage biscuits and gravy.  The first time I tried making this GF it was a disaster.  Thanks to GF Bisquick it was really yummy this time around.  Today, I found it at Walmart for $3.88.  I bought another box.  My only complaint is the box is tiny...I was only able to make 3 half batches of biscuits.  The hardest part about GF cooking for me is cooking from scratch.  Being Southern I was raised on home cooking completely from scratch.  I have not found my niche with home cooking GF style, so mixes have been heaven sent.  Check out all the fun recipes you can make using GF Bisquick here.  I have only made "regular" biscuits (I add a little sugar bc that is the way I made "normal" biscuits.)  I also made biscuits and added minced garlic and cheese...almost as good as Red Lobster biscuits.  Tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment